Bookkeeper for Ski Miquel
This is a part-time position with flexible working hours for a qualified bookkeeper who is keen to work in an engaging and stimulating environment. The role is less intensive out of the ski season and requires fewer working hours during the summer months, and most of the work will be over the winter (estimated at approximately 30 hours per week).
Ski Miquel is a well-established family-run ski holiday company with over 40 years in the market. The brand has been built on inclusive packages with company-owned chalet-hotels, including flights, transfers, accommodation, catering, and ski hosting. This generates strong customer loyalty, with a re-book rate of over 80%.
Ski Miquel requires a new bookkeeper to assist with the running of the company, which presents an exciting opportunity to work alongside the other members of a tight-knit team, with clear objectives to grow the business.
This is an interesting and varied role involving managing budgets and cashflow for our UK and foreign companies, as well as general day-to-day bookkeeping tasks.
We envisage the ideal candidate for this role as being a competent bookkeeper (qualified to AAT level or above) with a natural flair for business management and analytical thinking. The successful candidate must be computer literate, highly competent with Excel, and with good previous experience of using a common accountancy package such as QuickBooks, Xero, or Sage. The role is likely to evolve over time and include an active role in the growth and development of the business.
It will be essential to become familiar with the operation of the business, which means that some foreign travel may be required. Although not essential, we would envisage the ideal candidate for this role as being a keen skier/snowboarder with some previous travel industry experience.
The position will be predominantly remote working from home, although ideally with the ability to be available for regular meetups with the rest of the team (approximately once a month).
Principal tasks and required skills/experience:
- Maintenance of the company’s accounting package:
- Validation, coding, and inputting of purchase invoices
- Managing weekly payment runs
- Overseeing in-resort accounting and petty cash control
- Monitoring of budgets (cost of sales, overheads, resort costs, etc)
- Management of UK and foreign bank accounts
- Bank reconciliations (UK and foreign accounts)
- Management of company cashflow
- Checking any guest credits/refunds
- VAT returns
Other tasks may include assistance with the following:
- Reconciliation of sales invoices
- Quarterly reporting for ATOL and annual licence applications
- Preparation of year-end accounts for UK and foreign companies
- Cashflow forecasting
- Data analysis
- Preparation of figures for company expansion
- Improvement of company workflow
Desirable skills (not compulsory):
- Analytical research skills
- Previous travel industry experience
- Keen skier/snowboarder
Role: Part-Time Bookkeeper
Location: Brighton area (remote working)
Package: £20,000 pa, plus free annual ski trip
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV and covering email to: email@example.com