We are not required to have a data protection officer, so please get in touch if you have any questions about the use of your personal data.
Ski Miquel Limited (company number 01598311) can be contacted at this address: PO Box 5487, Hove, BN52 9JZ
You can also contact us by telephone on 01457 821200 or by email: email@example.com
1) Information we may collect from you
The type of information we collect about you depends upon the nature of your interactions with us. Depending on the circumstances, we collect any of the following:
- Details about you - Your name, email address, home address, telephone number, date of birth, your accommodation/travel preferences, payment details, meal/dietary requirements, if necessary, information about your health to the extent that it is relevant to your fitness to fly or work, your holiday itinerary or to provide you with special assistance, and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking).
- Identification documents - If you are travelling on a route requiring Advance Passenger Information (API), your passport or identity card details including your passport number, the country in which your passport was issued and the expiry date.
- Details about the services you arrange with us - Your travel details, including details of your travel itinerary, where you are flying from and to, your booking information, your baggage requirements, details of any special assistance you might need from us and any other information relevant to enable us to provide you with the travel or other services that you have arranged with us.
- Your interactions with us - Information about your interactions or conversations with us and our people, including when you make enquiries, comments, complaints or submit feedback to us (whether via email, third party feedback or simply verbally to us).
- Job applications - If you apply for a job with us, your CV (work history, educational details, etc), the role you are applying for, your NI number, nationality, gender, date of birth, contact details and passport / right to work details.
- Technical information related to use of our website - Details about the browser, device and internet connection that you use when you browse our website, technical information, including your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Your laptop or mobile phone provides this information when you browse our website.
2) How we collect information from you
How we collect information about you will depend upon how you interact with us and what services you arrange with us. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect information in any of the following ways:
- When you browse our website.
- When you book or search for a holiday or other service (such as a flight, hotel, chalet, etc) via our website or when you call us.
- When you apply for a job with us by email.
- When you contact us via our office, social media, post, email.
- When you request a brochure, request to receive email updates, participate in any of our competitions or promotions (for example via any social media channels, email or our website), surveys or market research.
- When you provide us with information about an accident, illness or incident that occurred in connection with your holiday.
- When you make a complaint.
- When you attend any events we host.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website or partner websites for the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to our website or partner websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies: Our website uses 'cookies' to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and allows us to improve our site.
3) How we use your personal information
We will use your information for a variety of different purposes, some of which will depend upon the services that you engage us for. These include:
- To manage your booking with us - We will use your information to provide you with any services that you request or purchase from us. This includes booking your flight, accommodation, transportation, issuing you with your tickets, and providing you with any special assistance, if required.
- To send you service communications and support services - We will use your information to send you any communications relevant to the services you have requested or purchased from us. This includes sending you an email to notify you of changes to your itinerary, or providing you with an e-ticket. We will also provide you with customer service and support, deal with your enquiries, scheduling changes, complaints, comments or observations shared with us (on the basis of performing our contract with you, or on the basis of our legitimate interests to provide you with customer service).
- To send you marketing communications - We will use your information to keep you up to date with the latest news, events, offers, sales, brochures, promotions and competitions that we think might be of interest or relevant to you (either on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or our legitimate interests to provide you with marketing communications where we may lawfully do so).
- To provide assistance with online bookings - We collect your information when you fill in the required fields of our online booking forms, but do not complete your booking or transaction in order to offer our assistance in case you are experiencing difficulties with our website.
- To process your job applications - We will use your information to process any job applications that you submit to us, whether directly or via an agent or recruiter (speculatively or in response to any advert) on the basis of our legitimate interest to recruit new employees or contractors.
- To optimise our website - If you use our website, we will use your information to ensure that the content is presented in an effective manner for you and your device, to provide you with access to our site in a manner that is effective, convenient and optimal, and to provide you with content that is relevant to you, using site analytics and research, and in certain circumstances combining that with other information we know about you (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate and present an effective and convenient website to our website users).
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- To ensure security and protect our business interests - In certain circumstances, we use your information to ensure the security of our services, buildings and people, including to protect against, investigate and deter fraud, unauthorised or illegal activities, systems testing, maintenance and development (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so).
- To conduct research - We use your information to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our services and systems, or if you choose to participate in customer surveys, consumer focus groups and research (on the basis of our legitimate interests to improve our products, services and customer service).
- To comply with our legal obligations - In certain circumstances, we will need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations, for example to comply with any court orders or subpoenas (on the basis of our legitimate interests to comply with a legal obligation).
4) Who do we share your information with?
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Third party suppliers that we work with to provide your booking and our other services to you - This includes credit/debit card processors, airlines, airport authorities, insurance companies, ski hire and lift pass companies, and ground handling agencies.
- Other third party suppliers that we work with in connection with our business - IT developers, service providers and hosting providers, site analytics providers, and credit card screening companies.
- Airports, immigration / border control and/or other government authorities - Some destinations require airlines and tour operators to provide Advance Passenger Information (API) about you to the border/immigration authorities of the country of your travel destination. API comprises the basic information contained in your passport that you would be required to present upon your arrival. We will only provide this information where we are required to do so.
- Courts or advisers - We may share your information with other third parties (including legal, accountants or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees, or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
Where we do share your information with any third parties, we will require them to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorised access or processing, unless we have no ability to do so (for example, where we are sharing information with border agencies or enforcement authorities).
Please note that from time to time our website and marketing communications may contain links to other sites. Ski Miquel is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Ski Miquel Limited.
5) How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to enable us to provide you with the services that you have requested from us and comply with any legal obligations that require us to keep information, or for as long as we reasonably require for our legitimate interests, including for example for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or defending ourselves against claims.
We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold and the length of time that we need to keep it. We try to adopt a paperless approach wherever possible and securely destroy any paper correspondence we receive on a regular basis, unless we are required to retain it for evidential or legal purposes.
We retain personal information including CV's or job application forms and interview notes so that we can demonstrate that our recruitment has been conducted in a fair and transparent way and that candidates have not been discriminated against. If your application has been unsuccessful, we may retain this information for a period of up to 3 years in case we think you might be suited to another opportunity that becomes available in the near future.
6) Use of information for marketing purposes
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. Legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial interest to use your information in a way that is fair and potentially beneficial to you.
We will keep you up to date with our latest routes, offers, partnerships, sales, promotions and competitions that we think might be of interest/relevant to you if you have:
- Purchased services such as a holiday from us and have not told us that you don’t wish to hear from us.
- Signed up to receive marketing communications from us and have not later told us that you don’t wish to hear from us.
- Entered a competition or registered for a promotion and provided your details and you have not told us that you don't wish to hear from us.
Our marketing activities are generally limited to an annual brochure and a monthly email during the winter season (one every two-three months in the summer season). If you no longer wish to hear from us, you can opt out or unsubscribe by:
- Following the 'unsubscribe' link contained in any marketing communications that you receive from us.
- Letting us know by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letting us know by phone: 01457 821200
Please note that we communicate with customers in relation to their current holiday bookings. This communication may be by email, conventional post, telephone or other suitable medium. This communication is essential to servicing bookings and orders and must therefore take place, regardless of the customer’s consent to other (non-booking-related) communication.
7) Your rights
From 25 May 2018, you will have certain additional rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to ask us to correct any information you believe is incorrect.
- The right to ask us to not to use your information for marketing purposes.
- The right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you or to request that we transfer this to another service provider.
- In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using information about you.
- The right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office.
- The right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances.
- The right to withdraw consent that you have provided to us to use your personal information.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the 'unsubscribe' function at the bottom of any emails we send to you. We will comply with your requests, unless we have a lawful reason not to do so. Please be aware that we may need you to provide additional information (such as to confirm your identity and/or to confirm what information you wish to access) in order to process your request.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant data protection supervisory authority for data protection issues. The website for the Information Commissioner in the UK can be viewed here: https://ico.org.uk/
Updated: 4 June 2018