Bar & Ski Host
The Bar & Ski Host is one of the most visible roles in our chalet-hotels, so they are essential to our operation in resort and are a main point of contact for keeping our guests happy. Without the engaging personalities of our staff, their attention to detail, cleanliness, and fantastic hosting skills, we wouldn’t have so many repeat bookers. It is the Hosts' job to ensure our guests are not on just another ski holiday, but to make sure they have the true ‘Ski Miquel Experience’.
This is a highly sociable role for people who are willing to work hard and enjoy all that the mountains have to offer. If you do, you will be rewarded with a job that gives you plenty of skiing time and guest interaction, making it ideal for someone who is outgoing and loves meeting new people.
This is a split role, focussing primarily on covering the chalet-hotel bar and ski hosting with our guests, although some Chalet Host duties will also be involved. The following is an outline of the principal tasks that are expected of our Chalet Hosts and Bar & Ski Hosts:
- Cleaning the guest rooms (including the toilets and showers) on transfer days.
- Cleaning the communal areas on transfer days and when the bar is quiet.
- Serving afternoon tea when opening the bar in the late afternoon / early evening.
- If the bar is quiet, assisting with setting up the dining room for the evening meal service.
- Setting up and being present for afternoon tea, which is served from 4:30-5:30pm.
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere, with a lit fire and appealing music in the bar.
- Serve guests après-ski drinks and providing good company.
- Running the bar up until 11pm, with a break for the evening meal service.
- Keeping the bar and lounge areas clean, tidy, and welcoming.
- Ensuring the bar is always kept well-stocked.
- Being ready 10 minutes ahead of the meeting time to be able to greet the guests.
- Dividing the guests into two ski hosting groups (if required).
- Skiing with our guests all morning, stopping for a mid-morning coffee break.
- Booking a mountain restaurant for lunch each day.
- Addressing the diverse needs of our guests and tailoring each day’s ski hosting programme to the groups’ abilities.
- Ensuring the groups are always safe and having fun!
This is a very social position and we encourage our staff to interact with our guests and to be a major factor in the enjoyment of their holiday experience.
- Friendly and engaging
- Team player
- High attention to detail
- Must have a valid EU passport or must already have the right to work in the European Union.
- Must have a high level of English to be able to communicate well with guests and other staff.
- Previous hospitality experience.
- A very experienced skier.
- Be able to inspire confidence in a ski group.
- The ability to speak another foreign language is preferred but is not essential.
Bar & Ski Host Package
Our Bar & Ski Hosts will receive the following as part of their employment package for the 2023/24 winter season:
- Competitive salary.
- Share of weekly tips.
- One day off per week.
- Holiday pay.
- Accommodation arranged but charged for.
- Meals provided.
- Lift pass arranged.
- Ski or snowboard equipment hire provided.
- Insurance provided.
- Ski Miquel uniform provided.
- Discretionary contribution towards travel to and from resort.