At Ski Miquel we are looking for well-trained and professional chefs who want to work in a chalet-hotel environment and to ensure high quality food for 25-35 guests each week. This a full-time position for the winter season, working alongside our Resort Manager and Chalet Hosts.
Ski Miquel holidays offer breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal, with wine included. We have our own Cookbook, with menus that are pre-planned for each week, and our chefs are responsible for ensuring the food is cooked and served to the prescribed standard.
We do not serve lunch, so once your prep is done then your day is free until you need to get ready for the evening service.
This job is ideal for an experienced chef who is hard-working and organised, as this means you will get the most time out on the mountain. We have positions available in all our resorts, which are located in France, Austria, Switzerland and Spain.
This is an outline of the general tasks and requirements that are expected of our Chefs:
- To prepare and serve breakfast on alternate days (working with our Chalet Hosts), the main job being to cook eggs to order for the beginning of service at 8am until 9am.
- Making cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea.
- Preparing a 3-course evening meal for 25-35 guests, plus canapés and a cheese course, adhering to the Ski Miquel Cookbook. This is for 6 evenings each week of the winter season.
- Our most efficient Chefs do most of their prep work during the morning and then go back to the kitchen late afternoon to finish off. We do not offer lunch, so after you finish your prep (usually around 11am) your day is free and you should not have to return until late afternoon to prepare for the dinner service at 8pm.
- Our staff all work as a team, and the Chalet Hosts will help with plating meals to a set standard with your guidance before serving. All of you will help with the clearing and cleaning of the kitchen following service, so that you can all finish together.
- Other responsibilities will include maintaining a clean and hygienic kitchen, and ordering stock to ensure you adhere to the set budget in conjunction with the Resort Manager, who will report back to Head Office with any issues.
- Right to work in the European Union (valid EU passport or appropriate working visa)
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A love of the mountains
- Qualified chef (NVQ Level 2 or equivalent)
- Experience in ordering and stock-taking
- Catering experience
- Ability to cook for 25-35 guests each evening
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com