We are always on the lookout for sociable, experienced Resort Managers to join our overseas teams.
The Resort Manager is responsible for the running of our resort operations and managing a team of at least 4 staff members. It is the Resort Manager’s job to work with our UK team to ensure that our guests are not on just another ski holiday and to make sure they have a true ‘Ski Miquel Experience’.
This role is perfect for an experienced skier from a hospitality background with team management experience, great interpersonal skills, and a ‘can-do’ attitude. If you are prepared for hard work and long hours, then you will be rewarded with a job that gives you plenty of time on the mountain, as well as being able to interact with our guests, making it ideal for someone who is outgoing and loves meeting new people.
Please note that this position is currently only open to EU passport holders or those who already have the right to work in the European Union.
The following is an outline of the principal tasks that are expected of our Resort Managers:
- Overseeing the transfer of guests to and from the airport on each changeover day.
- Organising all pre-sold lift passes and equipment rental.
- Quality control – Making sure the chalet-hotel is kept up to the required Ski Miquel standard, which includes the bedrooms, bathrooms, lounge, dining room, bar, and kitchen.
- Ski Hosting – Providing a 5-day ski hosting programme (to Ski Miquel guidelines).
- Providing activities in resort and entertainment during the guests’ holiday, and to generally ensure their stay is an enjoyable experience.
- Liaison with resort suppliers and submitting orders in a timely fashion.
- Staff supervision, ensuring all resort staff are punctual, well-presented, polite, and working to their full potential and in accordance with their rotas.
- Dealing with any guest queries or complaints in a timely manner.
- Reporting any maintenance issues in resort to ensure they are resolved as soon as possible.
- Completing resort paperwork, including accounting to Ski Miquel standards, and following any instructions as given by Head Office.
- Reporting any major issues or concerns back to the UK team as and when they occur.
- Friendly and engaging
- Team player
- Able to inspire team confidence
- A good motivator
- High attention to detail
- Must have a valid EU passport or must already have the right to work in the European Union.
- Must be a fluent English speaker to be able to communicate with guests and other staff.
- Previous team management experience.
- Previous hospitality experience.
- A very experienced skier.
- Computer literate.
- The ability to speak another foreign language is preferred but is not essential.
Resort Manager Package
Our Resort Managers will receive the following as part of their employment package for the 2023/24 winter season:
- Competitive salary.
- Share of weekly tips.
- One day off per week.
- Holiday pay.
- Accommodation provided.
- Meals provided.
- Lift pass provided.
- Ski or snowboard equipment hire provided.
- Insurance provided.
- Ski Miquel uniform provided.
- Discretionary contribution towards travel to and from resort.